Remote users need a reliable and easy-to-use VPN link to the company network, using 100% Microsoft software. The environment is Server 2012 R2 and Windows 7/8.
- Server Manager: install "Network Policy and Access Services" and "Remote Access".
- Launch the "Getting Started Wizard" on the installation results screen.
- Choose "Deploy VPN Only" - the RRAS console appears.
- Right-click the server, choose "Configure and enable..."...Custom Configuration...VPN Only.
- Right-click the server, Properties, security tab, assign a certificate from a public certificate authority (because for SSTP, the client must be able to access the associated CRL). I used the IIS Manager to create a certificate request and filled it at www.namecheap.com for $11.
- Left-click, then right-click on "Remote Access Logging..." to launch a simplified view of the Network Policy Server.
- Create a network connection policy. Here's an example:
- Forward port 443 in your firewall to your VPN server.
Here's a tutorial I made to help you with the CMAK options:
Video was made with ActivePresenter.